Saturday, July 23, 2011

Be Sure To ALWAYS buckle up!

Howdy, friends!
I wish I could start this post on a positive note, but I can't.  Two very unfortunate things happened to my husband and me yesterday, July 22.  The first thing, my husband is back in the hospital with pneumonia.  He started spiking temps on Thursday night and it hurt for him to cough.  He was in so much pain, I had no choice but to take him to the Urgent Care, which in turn sent us to the hospital.  He's on two very strong antibiotics to kill the germs, but as of today, it still hurts him to cough.  He was in so much pain, that not even Morphine IV could control it!  At first they thought he collapsed a lung, but according to the X-ray, it showed a bad case of pneumonia.  So he's been in the hospital for two days now.  Imagine being sick like that and in the hospital and having your wife tell you something awful like this.......

I had an early morning doctor's appointment on Friday at 8:45am.  I didn't get home from the hospital ER until about 2:30am.  So needless to say, I was pooped.  I got up at 7:30am, got dressed and went about my usual schedule.  I remember driving down the road clearly, then all of sudden, my car hit 30 feet of brick wall and it flipped over!!!  I remember being in the car, upside down, held in place by a very tight seat belt that was choking my neck.  Needless to say, I unbuckled it and dropped to the ground (or the roof of the car, as the case may be.)  I tried to get out the passenger side door, but it was jammed shut.  I could hear voices outside saying something about gas, and I started to panic!  Luckily, a good samaritan got me out of the car and over to the curb away from the car.  This really nice lady sat with me until the ambulance arrived.  I was extremely shaking and upset and when I looked back at our poor car, I just wanted to vomit.  We had saved so long and so hard and now I'd gone and wrecked it all up.  I wanted to die at that very instant!

The ambulance came and loaded me up on a back board and C-collar, so I couldn't move my neck at all!!  They started an IV and warned me I was in for a bumpy ride.  They weren't kidding!!  The lady that sat with me called my in-laws, so they could come to the hospital with me.  I was in the ER for about 7 hours and had a CT scan, X-rays, and an MRI.  Luckily, all it showed was a bone spur in my back and 3 cracked ribs.  They said I was extremely lucky to not have been hurt worse and by wearing my seat belt.  I will never again forget how important those are!!  They let me go in the afternoon and said that I would feel worse before I felt better.  Boy, were they right!!  I woke up today and I hurt so bad where the rib was cracked and I've got black and blue marks all over.  My neck, where the seat belt was, is all bruised, along with my whole chest.  I can barely move my arms.  But I thank God above for watching over me and getting me out safe.  Thank you, Jesus!!!

And a HUGE thank you to my sister, Barbara and my mother-in-law for taking such good care of me.  They got my prescriptions and stayed with me the whole time in the ER.  I am so fortunate to have such a great family!!

After we left the ER, we went off to another hospital to see how my hubby was doing as we hadn't heard from him all day.  Come to find out, he was still in ER holding waiting for a bed in the tower.  We got there just as they were moving him to a nice room.  The moment I saw his face, I started to cry and tell him what had happened.  He was shocked, naturally, but glad that I was alive and not paralyzed or something worse!!!  I hated having to tell him our beautiful car was toast, but as everyone in the room said, that is just a "thing."  It can be replaced.  I cannot.  But I still feel really, REALLY bad about ruining the car.  I may NEVER drive again!!!

That's my news and if I could ask a favor of you to please pray for us.  For my husband's speedy recovery and for a car that we can afford FAST.  Life sure does SUCK without a car!!

Hope you all are well and are having a good weekend.
Hugs to you all,
A VERY SORE MISSY!!




Thanks, Gina, for my beautiful new siggy!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Missy. I'm so sorry to hear about the terrible things you and your husband have gone through. I have started going back on Fibro sites I haven't been on in a long time because I really need support and I read your note. I will pray for both of you for a speedy recovery. It must have been so scary to be hanging upside down like that. The pain must be horrible. Your husband must really be suffering too. Don't worry about the car. I'm sure your insurance will replace it. Best of luck. {very gentle hugs} Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to think I just posted a rant in my blog.. Nothing compared to what you are (and have been) going through. I wish you and your hubby a speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. missy...i...am...your...doing...good...after...your...accident...and...hope...frank...is..gets...well...soon....gina...and...i...are...praying...for...you...and..frank...we...are...sending...you...many...hugsssss...and...thinking...of...you.
    ...(((((((((((missy)))))))))))..hugssssssssss
    dad...n...gina:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, oh wow!!! Missy I am SOOO glad you are okay!!!! I'm so sorry about everything you guys have had going on. That stinks, but I rejoice with you for God's protection over you. We are praying for you & your hubby, for a swift & full recovery for both of you, and for a cheap but good car for you soon! {gentle hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Tammie!  :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about you car accident, how traumatic and upsetting!!! I am glad that you are okay, which is the most important thing, but I am so sorry about the car. I'm sure that complicates things for you. I know it is especially difficult to have stuff like that happen when your loved one is sick and hurting. I said a prayer for you, as requested :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better soon and that your husband is home with you too!  May the Angels above set you on the path to find a reliable car that will replace this one. Keeping you both inmy thoughts and prayers. xo HH

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Missy!!!!!  I am so glad you are okay and will pray that hubby gets better soon and fast!  I do pray that you get another car right away that is a good car for you.  Thank goodness you were wearing your seat belt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Rochelle!  :0)

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts about my blog post today. Would you kindly leave a comment for me?
Thank you so much!

Daily Blessings

Blog Directory

Blogarama - Blog Directory

Make Fibro Visible!

Make Fibro Visible!
It's been invisible for FAR too long!!!

Member

  • Perspective
  • Confidentiality
  • Disclosure
  • Reliability
  • Courtesy

medbloggercode.com

My Worldwide Visitors

free counters

Come back soon, OK?

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder