Thursday, September 15, 2011

Good Golly!


Howdy, everyone!  I am just SO embarrassed to show myself around in here.  I re-read the post I did the other day, (when I thought it was Wednesday but it was Tuesday) and just about died!  First of all, there were so many typos.  I'm such a perfectionist.  Secondly, I got the year of my mom's death wrong (it was 2008, NOT 2003) and thirdly, I almost screwed up my whole blog by redecorating it and deleting things I still needed!!!  My comments are a mess.  They don't show up on the blog, but I saw them in the settings for Blogger.  I use a platform called "Disgus" for my comments and accidently deleted it, so it wasn't available to visitors to use.  They used the Blogger platform instead.  I fixed the problem and added the Disgus widget back onto the blog, but now it won't import the comments from Blogger! And just when things can't get anymore screwy, I deleted my networked blog widget and had to put THAT back on!!!  Do I have a brain?  I think NOT!!!!  I need a vacation to a tiny remote island where I can sit in a beach chair, under a palm tree with a drink with a tiny umbrella in it.  Do you think that would work?  Knowing my luck, the WORST hurricane known to man would come!!

Thank you so much for commenting on my post about my mom.  One visitor had asked me how I do it, survive without my mom, and the answer is: one day at a time.  And when it gets really hard, one MINUTE at a time.  I can't believe it's been over three years since I last heard her voice, her laugh and felt her hugging me.  It tears me up inside.  It's like a giant wave that overwhelms me and then goes back to sea and gives me a  little peace.  Losing her was the hardest thing I have faced in my life to date.  And I do agree with Heather (a blog buddy of mine who recently lost her mom, too) that they are up in Heaven shaking their heads at us.  If my mom could have read that post I butchered so badly, she would have been on my case for sure!  Her favorite subject was English and she took great joy in pointing out my typos!  :0)

I went to the rheumatologist recently and he lowered my dose of Savella to 25mg twice a day and added 600mg of Ibuprofen three times a day.  My fibro has been so-so.  I still get those bad pains in the legs from the neuropathy and the medications do little to stop it.  My primary care doc is in the process of weaning me off the morphine.  I was on 200mg a day, now it is 160mg a day.  My back is the usual horrible.  But I want to return to work soon and don't want all those medications hanging over my head.  It just wouldn't look good, would it?  Perhaps I'm nuts to think that way!!!

I hope everyone has a great day and thank you for reading my posts.. no matter how many typos I do!!

Hugs,

4 comments:

  1. My sister and I both have Fibro. My sister's been using Herbalife for years and I just started a month ago, Herbalife has GF Soy Protein. I feel so good! I'm feeding my body the microntrition it needs. I've gone from 185 to 179.4 as of this morning. Our bodies need protein, protein, protein and water, water water. Carol Brower and Denise Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy
    never be embarrassed for your post it is your feelings not the typos (we all understand typos)
    I love your blog no matter!!!!

    Your dad and I are doing great.

    Love n hugs
    Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI, i love your friendly homey blog too, Noticed you took the Fibro Bloggers Directory Badge off. :(  Why?
    "Together everyone achieves more. There are no limits to what we can accomplish together." W. Amos
    Please call back and grab a badge http://fibrobloggerdirectory.blogspot.com/p/fibro-blogger-directory.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Gina!!!  I'm glad things are sorted out between you and Dad.  Tell him hi from me!!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts about my blog post today. Would you kindly leave a comment for me?
Thank you so much!

Daily Blessings

Blog Directory

Blogarama - Blog Directory

Make Fibro Visible!

Make Fibro Visible!
It's been invisible for FAR too long!!!

Member

  • Perspective
  • Confidentiality
  • Disclosure
  • Reliability
  • Courtesy

medbloggercode.com

My Worldwide Visitors

free counters

Come back soon, OK?

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder