Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Starting Fresh

Howdy, folks!  Yeesh....it only took me about an hour to get Blogger to cooperate with me and finally let me post on my own blog!!  It kept giving me some bogus error page with a code a mile long.  Like I know what they are talking about!!!  The internet is acting very funky lately.  I don't know if it is our computer, the DSL modem, QWest, Phoenix, or just plain ole me!  I've ran the mal-ware and anti-virus programs and everything checks out clean.  So I'll blame it all on Qwest.  It has always worked well for me in the past! Ha!  My motto is: if you can blame it on someone else, do it!!  Hehehe....

OK, now down to brass tacks.  I hope nobody minds that I decorated for the luck of the Irish.  I could use ANY kind of luck and this template is so cute.  LeeLou blogs has so many cute templates, you should check them out.  Just click on the link at the very top of my page or the very bottom and it should take you over to her site.  And if it doesn't, again, blame Qwest....LOL!

Right now, as we speak, our baby (the car) is over at Thunderbird Automotive having its little thermometer replaced and a coolant flush.  Come to find out, the last time we had the car serviced (this past summer), the place put in the wrong type.  It's green instead of red, how it should be for a Toyota.  I have absolutely NO idea what I'm talking about, I'm just repeating what I heard the mechanic telling Frankie.  This visit will be costing us about $250 dollars.  Thank God we had a little in savings.  Man, I sure do love our car, but keeping it on the road is sure expensive!!  The people there were awfully nice, though, and gave us a ride home in our own car!  It was soooo bizarre seeing someone else drive our car away!!!  They will come and pick us up when it is ready and then Frankie and I have lots of little errands to do.

I titled this post "Starting Fresh" as a way to get my mind into focus.  I've been doing a lot of panic mode and not enough of productive mode!!!  I've been letting the Devil get to me with worry and anxiety over everything....the car, Frankie's vomiting (which has improved since coming home from his latest hospital visit), our money flow and lack thereof and my bariatric surgery.  I haven't given any of these problems to the person that can help me.  The ONLY person.....GOD.  I've bumbled my way through January and half of February just worrying over EVERYTHING and letting petty little things get in my way.  Like if I leave a post and nobody comments on it and I look at other people's blogs and they get TONS of comments.  I always think I'm doing something wrong.  I'm not writing this blog for anyone BUT ME.  It's not an advertisement for anyone or anything else.  It's just a place where I can put my thoughts down and have a journal of events of what is happening in our lives.  So dear God, please forgive me and help me live my life.  I cannot do it without you.  And I promise to not "borrow" these worries back from you!  Ha!

I called Banner Bariatrics and had to leave a message with the insurance and authorization department.  It's been almost three or four weeks since they submitted the stuff and I haven't heard a word.  I'm waiting for a call back on that.  It would be so nice to know one way or another so I can start on Plan B, if need be.  Which is ask my doctor for either Medifast, the medical liquid diet program or Phentermine, a medicine that helps morbidly obese people lose weight.  I took it in 2000 and it worked like a charm, but when I came off of it, I regained all the weight, plus some.  I use food for a comfort source and this is sooo BAD.  So I'm trying very hard to curb my appetite!!  Not an easy feat, I tell you.  And I had to bump my Prednisone back up to 15mg because I was just absolutely miserable on 10mg.  I was so stiff I could barely move.  When I know for sure about the surgery, I'll down the Prednisone again and live with it until after the surgery.  But I thought no point being miserable when I still don't know if I can even have the surgery!

Well, that pretty much is all my news.  I'll end this post with one of my all time favorite Michael W. Smith songs, "Above All."  And a picture of my baby.....my furry, spoiled baby, that is.  Jackie LOVES my new tote bag.  I carry so much stuff around now that I have to carry a small tote bag.  Jack was pawing through it the other day, then got tired and fell asleep on top of it.  He is just tooooo cute.  Anyway, hope you all have a great day!!!
My poor, tired baby!  Couldn't even raise his sleep filled eyes to the camera!!

7 comments:

  1. Missy hun, your blog today is *refreshing* sometimes in the walk of life we forget who really is in control. Matthew 11:28-30 come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, an I will give you rest, (29) Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in my heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. (30) For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (in other words if you will give your burdens to the Father it will help break the yoke) the song you have here is one of my all time favorites as well. Keep your head up! We are always here for you. We will keep you and Frankie in our prayers.

    Sending you lots of LOVE N HUGS!!!
    Dad n Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your Bible scripture and reminding me who is in control. I feel better today than yesterday, thank goodness!! And so does Frankie. We just want our car back now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy,
    I love the positive attitude. I have a motivation button on my sidebar and it gave me such a boost tonight then when I read your post I had to share:

    If your life is slipping out of control,
    move over and let God take the wheel.
    It's when we let go and let God,
    that we can finally see the road ahead.

    Oh, if we could always remember to let God lead our way. Put everything in his hands but keep bugging the clinic..they have to give you an answer!
    I have not had experience with Phentermine, just make sure it is safe. What ever happens, just remember you have support out here in blogosphere! We will support you and cheer you on every step of the way.
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi missy, i hope your car is fixed soon and franklin and you feel better. gina and i have you in our thoughts and hope to talk with you soon. we love ya and your in our prayers, and another great blog!
    ((((((((((missy ))))))))) hugssss

    w/ love,
    bob n gina :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi missy, just stopping by to say hello, and hope your feeling better today. we tried to call you last night and we got your answering service instead. maybe gina and i can use
    our cams with you tonight. take care and your in our prayers.

    ((((((((((((((missy))))))))))))))) hugssss
    w/ much love,
    dad n gina :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent blog where share experiences and ideas about our disease.

    Lilly Abbott
    http://www.findrxonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Shawn, for your devoted support of my blog and me! I really appreciate it and feel the same way about you and all my blog friends. God bless you all! :0)

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts about my blog post today. Would you kindly leave a comment for me?
Thank you so much!

Daily Blessings

Blog Directory

Blogarama - Blog Directory

Make Fibro Visible!

Make Fibro Visible!
It's been invisible for FAR too long!!!

Member

  • Perspective
  • Confidentiality
  • Disclosure
  • Reliability
  • Courtesy

medbloggercode.com

My Worldwide Visitors

free counters

Come back soon, OK?

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder