Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dinner Date

Howdy, friends!!!

We had a fabulous time over at my sister & brother-in-law's house for dinner.  My brother-in-law, Jay (who doesn't want his picture on the the web) had his mother and sister and one niece and one nephew came  from out of town for a short visit.  His mother comes from Nebraska and his sister and family come from Burbank, CA.  They are all very delightful and we ate ourselves full.  We had baby back ribs, salad, pickles, broccholi, and brownies, cheesecake and these decadent chocolate-peanut butter bites.  Barbara & Jay were taking a "feebie" day on their Adkins diet.  I don't blame them!  Everyone needs a break!!  We had to leave early, though, as Frankie was starting to not feel well even though he took his pills at the right time.  Poor guy.  I just wish I could stop this nausea and vomiting for him!!!

On the way over to his sister's, our car's dashboard lit up with a "check engine" sign.  Please pray it's nothing major!  The car runs just great, we haven't noticed anything weird about it.  But luckily we have some savings so if something really is wrong, hopefully there is enough in our savings to cover it.  I just love that car!  It can't be really sick, I REFUSE IT TO BE!!!  I'm stopping my feet now, refusing!!!!  It took us over a year to save for and it's been a really great car.  Tomorrow we are taking it to Auto Zone and have it "diagnosed" and see what the problem might be.  Please pray it's nothing major!!

Here's some photos of the evening.  The first ones are of early v-day gifts my hubby got me.  I'm SUCH a big kid at heart.  Dr.Seuss has always meant something to me.  My mom would read it to me as a little girl.  Now seeing this book and the favorite stories I love so much, I couldn't help but get misty eyed.  Here's what else I got:
My very OWN "Pillow Pet" that I've named "Cindy Bug" after my mom.  Isn't she cute?  And my mom just loved ladybugs.  I squeeze the pillow real tight when I need a hug and nobody is around and boy, does that help lift my spirits!!  Thank you, Frankie!!  Have I told you today just how much I love you??  I'd be lost without you as you are the other side of me.  We are soul mates.  :0)
Here is Carol, my mother-in-law and Frankie.

Barbara and Jay are dog-sitting Jay's son's dog, Bentley.  Isn't he adorable?  And very active and excitable, too!

And last, but certainly NOT least, I had Barbara take two pictures of Frankie and I together.  We hadn't had that done since we first started dating.  And then I got real sensitive about my weight and now I'm at a point where people will either like me or not like me, fat OR thin. I'm the SAME person inside.  OK, that being said, here are the two of Frankie and I:  (GULP!)
Good Lord, someone hurry and get me out to pasture before anyone sees!!!
Good Godfrey, I practically swallow up Frankie!!!  That bariatric clinic just has to be calling me soon so I can get started on my road to a better, thinner me!!!

Hope you all had a great Saturday and Sunday.  Stay and home and relax.   I hear the weather is clearing up for a lot of the country, hopefully that is true.  NO MORE WHITE STUFF!!

God bless you, my friends.
Until my next post,

1 comment:

  1. Happy Valentines Day! I love the pictures of you and Frankie, thanks for posting.
    Your pillow pet looks so squishy..what a great thing to take to the hospital with you when you have your surgery. Keep calling (the clinic) and bugging, pleading, crying..what ever it takes. What is that saying..the Squeaky wheel gets the oil!!
    ((hugs))
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts about my blog post today. Would you kindly leave a comment for me?
Thank you so much!

Daily Blessings

Blog Directory

Blogarama - Blog Directory

Make Fibro Visible!

Make Fibro Visible!
It's been invisible for FAR too long!!!

Member

  • Perspective
  • Confidentiality
  • Disclosure
  • Reliability
  • Courtesy

medbloggercode.com

My Worldwide Visitors

free counters

Come back soon, OK?

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder