Saturday, November 6, 2010

No Talk Weekend

Howdy, folks!

Well, day 2 of having this stupid, irritating, aggravating, frustrating twitch is underway.  I'm just twitching up a storm.  My hands will get the twitch, especially when I'm holding something that will spill, like my milk in the cereal bowl this morning.  Or I'll be typing away and my hand will give out a jerk and I've just made up a new word!  Talking?  FORGET IT.
My mother-in-law thinks my throat is very irritated, because it has to strain with this twitch, so she suggested the "no talk weekend."  I am going right along with it.  Because my speech is just absolutely horrible!  If ANYONE knows a cure for this, PLEASE let me know! If I had some money, I'd be willing to pay for suggestions.  I'm desperate!

So I'm back in my "familiar place" of a person with a speech problem.  So I write everything down, because I can't get it out vocally. God, this is soooo hard!  I've tried all the techniques they taught me in Virginia, but because of the twitch in my jaw and throat, it distorts my speech.  And I have to struggle with every last word!  When this is over with, I will never take for granted my fluency again.  I promise!!

Well, I am just exhausted so I think I'll go lay down for awhile.  It's even hard to type with this damn twitch.  I hope the "no talk weekend" works, because I have a rheumatology appointment on Monday.  That should be fun!

Have a good Saturday, everyone.
God bless you all!
Until next post,

3 comments:

  1. I hope you get this under control and the no talk weekend works for you! I wish I could tell you how to fix this, but I have never had this problem. Good luck on Monday!! I am sending prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found my blog because I am your newest follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm a new follower and I also have fibromyalgia. Thank you so much for bringing awareness to it!

    Take care,
    Liz

    www.ablogwithnopurpose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts about my blog post today. Would you kindly leave a comment for me?
Thank you so much!

Daily Blessings

Blog Directory

Blogarama - Blog Directory

Make Fibro Visible!

Make Fibro Visible!
It's been invisible for FAR too long!!!

Member

  • Perspective
  • Confidentiality
  • Disclosure
  • Reliability
  • Courtesy

medbloggercode.com

My Worldwide Visitors

free counters

Come back soon, OK?

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder