Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Yep, I'm Still Alive!

Howdy friends!

I am so glad to be back on the computer, if only for awhile.  I have so much to catch up on, I don't even know where to begin.  First off, thank you to all you who have written me via email, facebook or comments to question how I am.  Let me tell you....and I hope I'm not repeating myself....but I've now reached the UNDER THREE HUNDRED POUNDS RANGE!!!!

I had my two month check up at the bariatric clinic on Tuesday and I weight in at 285 lbs.  I can't remember the last time I weighed that.  And that was after being so horribly sick.  Let me give you the short version of what happened and why I haven't been blogging in so long.

I was doing so well...my hubby and I even joined a gym and I was really pumping away at the stationary bike.  I couldn't see myself pounding the pavement in 100 plus degrees, so we decided the cost of the gym would be worth it.  I love the gym and can't wait to get back.

OK, then comes the week of my hubby's birthday and I was starting to feel nauseated and not throwing up, but heaving.  A LOT.  I couldn't keep anything down for two days.  I remember looking in the mirror and feeling like a raccoon with the dark circles under my eyes.  I hadn't slept in two days because I felt just so awful.  I was cursing myself for having the gastric surgery because I knew that is what was wrong.  I just knew it!  So in the car my hubby and I went to Banner Gateway where I had my surgery.  It was a 40 mile trip that felt like 140 miles.  I remember holding a towel and a bowl in front of me in case I did finally manage to get stuff up.  I was shivering to beat all band.  We waited in the ER for six hours and they gave me everything they could for the nausea, but nothing worked.  And my intestines felt like they were turning upside down with pain!!  I was so miserable, I was praying for God to have Mercy on me and take me to Heaven that night.  I don't think I have ever in my entire life felt that sick.

I had to have a CT scan of my abdomen, pelvis and chest to rule out a clot in my lung or elsewhere.  I also had to drink that lovely barium drink to check my stomach for any leaks from surgery.  I remember getting half down and throwing the other half back into the cup.  Luckily, it was enough to do the test with.  And then we waited and waited.  That God they had a TV in the ER room, not that I cared in the slightest bit.  I felt so bad for my hubby, though, as it was his birthday and having to spend it in the ER.  FUN!

Finally, at 2 am, the doctor comes in and says my stomach is fine, no leaks (good), but my colon has diverticulitis and I was having quite an attack.  No kidding!  So I was admitted to the hospital for IV antibiotics and fluids and to let my bowel rest.  I never even knew I had diverticulitis before!  My colon has always been friends with me!  Ha!  So I was in the hospital for two long, miserable days.  Nausea, that no meds helped and pain that meds sometimes helped.  My advice:  DON'T EVER GET DIVERTICULITIS!!!!!  My bariatric surgeon swears up and down that this is a coincidence, I would have gotten it regardless if I had surgery or not.  Finally, on the third day, I was released on oral antibiotics and full liquids and to take it easy.

I don't have the severe pain anymore, nor the nausea.  They disappeared as quickly as they came.  But I do have more pills to crush!  That's the only thing bad about having bariatric surgery.  You have to crush everything and not everything tastes so good!!!  I have to take the antibiotic in sherbert or I heave again.  Speaking of that, I heaved so hard I broke two ribs according to the CT scan.  That's why my back hurts like it does.  Also, I had to have one of my antibiotics changed due to it caused my knee to swell, get really stiff and hurt!  It was Levaquin, which can rupture tendons in some people.  God, I hope I'm not one of those people!!  I have a rheumatologist appointment tomorrow to check it out.  Wish me luck.  That's my story....and I'm sticking to it!!!

I hope you all have been well and have braved the midwest storms. I have family there that I worry about constantly, and you, my bloggers.  So stay safe and head for the cellar if need be!!!!

Guess what?  My birthday is coming up soon and my hubby got me a Kindle (which I absolutely ADORE!) as my other reader, the Literati, was a piece of you know what and quit working on me.  So if my dear friends and family are looking for get well/birthday gifts for me, the Amazon Kindle Store would be so cool!!!  I've got six more Janet Evanovich books to get to complete my collection.  (Hint, hint!  Ha!)

Well, gotta get off my knee and go lay down for awhile.  I hope you all are well and I think about you all always.

God bless,

12 comments:

  1. Beaub757(Sharon Ballentine)September 15, 2011 at 8:30 AM

    Hi Missy
    You've been on my mind this week and now I now why-I too had an attack of diverticulitis and was  in the hospital 4 days last wekend, 2 of those in CC unit- never knew such pain before, just like you..home now but still weak but glad I didn't have to have surgery which is what they first suggested.  the pills leave such a nasty taste in my mouth plus all of them kill my appetite so will be glad whenI finish taking them in a few days.--Saw the Dr. today and will have to have a colonoscopy nest month but thats no big deal.  Hope you continue to do better-congrats on the weight loss, Hugs and prayers to you and Frankie-love my kindle too -missed my birthday but will celebrate when I feel better- love ya and glad to see you back
    Sharon Ballentine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy,
    I am so glad to see you back on :-) your dad is doing better today.  each day he is getting better.  He got him a cane to help with his leg, he sees the dr again on Thur to get xray results.  I will remind about the meds.  

    Please ck out my blog, I've noticed you haven't seen the new ones :( I have joined a lot of blog hops (they are in my tabs)    I got a nice surprise for your dad and I's   1 year anniversary/my birthday. Your dad has such class and style.

    Blessings
    Dad and Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy!!!!  I was wondering about you last night while I couldn't sleep!  I hope you are doing better today!  Glad that the ER and the extended visit is over for you.  I hope you will be feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel, Sharon!!!  My appetite hasn't been real great and I've got diarrhea on top of everything else!  It's good to know I'm not suffering alone...I have allies!  Thank you!  Hope you feel better, too.  Hugs, Missy
    PS...they said nothing about surgery.  Thank God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Heather for your sweet friendship.  I think about you, too!  :0)  Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew my good friend Shawn would worry about me.  I worried that I couldn't blog for awhile to make you worry about me!  I'm doing fair to midland....not quite myself yet.  The antibiotics I take give me diarrhea and lack of appetite.  And I'm on a 10 day course!!!! So far no mention of surgery, though.  God bless you!  :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear that you made it under 300 but sorry you had to deal with all that other stuff along the way.  I remember each little step and how awesome it was so I can just imagine how you are feeling now that you are not actually "sick".  I am so excited for you.  I can't wait to hear about the next step.  Keep up the great work and remember, nothing is easy, if you made it through all of that stuff, I am pretty sure you can do anything.  Congratulations again, it is awesome!!!  Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! You have gone through a whole lot. I was referred to your blog by Gina. My goodness you are a great writer. Thank you sor sharing. I will be praying for you. And Happy early birthday to you.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's certainly a great deal to learn about this subject. I like all the points you made.

    Look into my website; HomePage
    Also see my webpage > Americas Cardroom Poker Offer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very gοod article. ӏ ԁеfinitely apprecіate this ωebsite.
    Stick ωіth іt!

    Herе іs my webpаge :: Blackchippoker Offer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everуthing is verу open with a
    reаlly clear descгiрtion of thе challengeѕ.
    It was truly іnformаtіve.
    Υοur website is vеry
    hеlρful. Thanκѕ for shаring!


    Feel free tо surf to my blog pοst;
    ΒlасkChipPokег Bonus ()

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, of сοurse this pагagrаph is truly fastіdiouѕ
    and I haνe leаrned lоt of thingѕ fгom іt сonceгning
    bloggіng. thanks.

    Look at my web-ѕite :: Americas Cardroom Poker Promotions

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts about my blog post today. Would you kindly leave a comment for me?
Thank you so much!

Daily Blessings

Blog Directory

Blogarama - Blog Directory

Make Fibro Visible!

Make Fibro Visible!
It's been invisible for FAR too long!!!

Member

  • Perspective
  • Confidentiality
  • Disclosure
  • Reliability
  • Courtesy

medbloggercode.com

My Worldwide Visitors

free counters

Come back soon, OK?

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder