Saturday, July 3, 2010

Do I Dare Hope?

Hello, everyone!
GOOD NEWS!!  My husband just called me and said he felt some "pressure" in his rectum and it came out as gas! YIPPEE!  If my darned leg weren't hurting me so badly, I'd be doing a dance around the room right now.  Geez, do I need a life or what?  Dancing because your husband farted?!  But, this is the sign we've been hoping for all last week. Now hopefully they can clamp the nasogastric tube and start him slowly on clear liquids.  I see a light at the end of the very long tunnel. Maybe he can even come home sometime this coming week. Then, with hurting leg or not, I WILL be dancing around the room!!

Nothing much else to report. Just another day of going to the hospital and praying I can find a parking spot within a five mile radius!  And sitting in the recliner chair with my big feet propped up.  I still haven't had a breakthrough yet on my feet swelling. They are as big as ever, despite the water pill I've been taking.  I can't remember having skinny ankles, it's been so long. Or skinny anything, for that matter!  I did do something I haven't done in a long time yesterday, and that was actually do a little bit of shopping by myself.  After I left the hospital, I braved Walmart with my walker.  Of course I chose the hottest day of the year, I think. It got up to 114 yesterday and there I was, huffing and puffing with sweat pouring down my face, carrying three bags full of stuff out to the car. I actually put the bags in my walker basket and on the seat and luckily, I found a parking spot right out in front - it wasn't even a handi-capped spot, either. Imagine that at Walmart!!  It's always crazy there with NO parking spots except those out in la-la land!  When I got home, I was exhausted, my leg was throbbing, my back was killing me, but I did it and I was so proud of myself!  Again, do I need a life, or what?

That pretty much is it. I hope you all have a great 4th of July weekend and be safe.  Love ya all and thank you for your continued support of my blog and support group and all your well-wishes, thoughts and prayers.  My husband and I appreciate all of them. 

Big, gentle hugs,
Until next post,
Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts about my blog post today. Would you kindly leave a comment for me?
Thank you so much!

Daily Blessings

Blog Directory

Blogarama - Blog Directory

Make Fibro Visible!

Make Fibro Visible!
It's been invisible for FAR too long!!!

Member

  • Perspective
  • Confidentiality
  • Disclosure
  • Reliability
  • Courtesy

medbloggercode.com

My Worldwide Visitors

free counters

Come back soon, OK?

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder