Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Time To Change

Howdy, everyone!
I'm so sorry I haven't updated the blog in a few days. I have been working ON the blog, though, with decorating it for fall.  I decorated all my blog's pages (about me, my mom, ect.) with adorable fall critters from Helena of Graphic Garden.  She is my all time favorite graphic artist and I spent a good chunk of change to get the graphics when mom and I had the desktop theme website.  Then we stopped it and I worried about how I could utilize the graphics still.  Now I have this blog and it works out beautifully again!!  Yay!  So make sure to take a peak at those pages all decorated up! :0)

I have that new page, "Blog Awards" up and running. I haven't received any comments, though, regarding your blog's URL so I can visit.  Don't be shy - I love a wide variety of blogs and would love to see YOURS!  I also put new awards up. I think I kept just one of the "old" awards. I just didn't like how they looked.  So to those sites I just awarded with the old awards and you like the newer ones better, just let me know and you can have one of the new ones.  The new ones are soooo much cuter!

On the health front, nothing much going on here.  I think I told you in the last post that Frankie's drain moved out of where it should be, and we have no clue where it's at now!  So Tim, the home health nurse, talked with the doctor and they discontinued the flushes.  It figures.  We worked so hard to get the flushes (insurance won't pay for them) and now that I have a whole jug of normal saline, we can quit the flushes!!!  ARGH!!!  Life is so frustrating sometimes!!  Of course, he has his appointment with the surgeon on Tuesday, who will probably pull the drain anyway AND his oncologist and I have my rheumatology appt. on Wednesday.  So we have a busy week ahead of us.

Frankie is doing much better since we knocked back on the Savella.  I only give him 50mg at bedtime and that's it.  I think it was just too sedating for him and made him act like a "zombie."  Now he's talking more, laughing and interacting with the family.  I love it again!!  :0-)  Of course, it could have NOTHING to do with he is having his drain removed on Tuesday, now, could it? LOL!  He hates that drain and I can't say I blame him. I hate it, too!

I'm not doing so great.  My legs hurt so bad I'm on the border of just wanting to let out a primal scream of sheer pain and swollen beyond recognition feet!!!  I've been wearing that special boot on my left foot and it does help a lot to the regards that I no longer have that searing arch pain.  The calf on my right leg hurts so much, though, and it radiates to my whole leg.  I think the ridiculopathy is getting to me!!!  I've been using this neat gel called "Polar Frost." and it works even better than "Bio-Freeze" in my opinion.  It's not messy or smelly like some creams.  Here is a link to Amazon if you are interested in it.  I highly recommend it! You can buy it in small tubes, large pump bottles or a roll-on.










I also use a cream called "myoflex." which is excellent, too. It really IS odorless and non-messy, not like some other creams can be.  I really loathe smelling like a pharaceutical plant after I've rubbed on the smelly creams.  I tried 'em all and this one gets my two thumbs up.  The same with the "Polar Frost"...two thumbs up!  Here is a link for the "myoflex" cream.





That will about do it for this post. I've been so exhausted, I'm falling asleep everywhere again, especially at the computer!  I've got to find a way to get back into that deep, restorative sleep again.  Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?  I've totally exhausted all my ideas (PUN intended!)

Oh, one more last thing.  Way at the top of this page, in the left-hand side bar, I have a poll there I'd like you to partake in.  It is asking if you like it when I put my poetry in the blog.  I haven't gotten any "yay or nay" on it, and it does take work to convert the poem out of the word processing program into notepad so I can copy and paste it to the post.  If you guys like them, it's worth the effort.  If you don't, vote no and I won't waste the effort.  Effort is gold these days!!  The poll is annonymous, so don't worry about hurting my feelings. I won't know who says yes or no.  Just say something and help me out.  Thank you!!!

Hope you all have a blessed week ahead.
Love ya all!
Until next post,
Missys

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts about my blog post today. Would you kindly leave a comment for me?
Thank you so much!

Daily Blessings

Blog Directory

Blogarama - Blog Directory

Make Fibro Visible!

Make Fibro Visible!
It's been invisible for FAR too long!!!

Member

  • Perspective
  • Confidentiality
  • Disclosure
  • Reliability
  • Courtesy

medbloggercode.com

My Worldwide Visitors

free counters

Come back soon, OK?

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder