Saturday, September 11, 2010

NEVER FORGET

Howdy, everyone!

I couldn't seem to get my act together today and make my post earlier regarding Sept. 11, 2001.  It may be the 12th that you all read this, but please know that I will NEVER forget that awful day 9 years ago.  I remember it vividly, as if no time at all has passed.  I remember my husband waking me up at about 6:30am or so telling me that the World Trade Center was on fire and people were jumping out their windows, at a loss for what else to do.  At first I was peeved.  Why is he waking me up to tell me about some movie he's watching on TV?  He was getting ready to go to work and would watch TV for a spell to "wake up."  He kept telling me it WASN'T a movie, it was REAL.  I remember racing into my parents' bedroom and waking up my mom and telling her.  She had the same reaction as me at first, until it clicked in her brain that it was real.  She was on her feet as fast as she could go (she had arthritis and Lupus) and went out to the big TV in the living room and clicked on CNN.  And there is was....the twin towers all aflame and falling to the ground into a pile of rubble.

Nobody was the same again.  Even still, we remember and are very security-oriented these days.  Unfortunately, you have to be.  You can't even walk your loved ones back to the boarding area in an airport, to catch their plane.  We would always say a rushed good-bye at security check-point when my grandma would fly to Texas for Christmas.  In later years, we'd just drop her and her luggage out front and she would check in by herself because security would be all beefed up.  I remember her saying they confiscated her expensive body lotion.  My mom said, "What? Did they they think ma was going to lotion the pilots down?"  It's a sad state of affairs the lengths we go today to remain safe.

Anyway, it's getting late and my vision is so blurry tonight.  I'm just tired....and I've had 2 naps today!!  My muscles feel tight and my joints stiff.  I'm just gonna go to bed and forget about everything.....if I can!!!

Before I go, I'll insert one of my poems that I wrote in high school (back in the 80's.)  The results of my poll show you guys like my poems, so here one is!  And thank you!!!


It’s Okay To Cry

Just let the tears fall,
Empty your heart of all life's burdens
Cry, cry...
For love
For hurt
Or "my best friend is gone"
Or "I love you"
Soon you will find you are
Happy and you can go on
With life
And when it happens again...
It's okay to cry-
Believe me...I know.

God bless you all!
Until next post,
Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts about my blog post today. Would you kindly leave a comment for me?
Thank you so much!

Daily Blessings

Blog Directory

Blogarama - Blog Directory

Make Fibro Visible!

Make Fibro Visible!
It's been invisible for FAR too long!!!

Member

  • Perspective
  • Confidentiality
  • Disclosure
  • Reliability
  • Courtesy

medbloggercode.com

My Worldwide Visitors

free counters

Come back soon, OK?

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder