Friday, October 15, 2010

Friendly Friday

Thank God It's FRIDAY!!!
Not that it really means much to me anymore since I no longer am working, but for those that ARE working, I celebrate it for you! :0)  I remember being a kid in school and Fridays were so magical.  You could feel it in the air that the weekend is almost here and you don't have to get up early or cart big pile of books from class to class!  Remember those days?
I've been heavy into blog hops, and today is "Friendly Friday."  You can meet a lot of cool people and their amazing blogs by hoppin' blogs.  It's so much fun and very addictive.  If you want to join in the fun, enter your blog into the linky below (almost to the bottom of the page) where it says "You are next. Click here to enter."

I have a piece of sad news - I've stopped the give-away I blogged about a few days ago.  I guess it's due to lack of interest on everyone's (except 2-and I'm so sorry to have to end the contest like this. Thank you for your loyalty.) part.  Oh, well.  I tried!

I'm still feeling VERY overwhelmed by everything.  I received a "goodie" bag from the bariatric clinic and inside was all kinds of samples of protein and vitamin supplements.  The dietician said I would be on vitamins for the rest of my life.  She was amazing....she had the sleeve gastrectomy surgery and lost 90 pounds in 8 months.  You would never know she was once overweight.  She looked awesome!  So as I go down this unknown path and feel overwelmed, I'll think of her and how she overcame everything.  It CAN be done.  That's my new mantra.  It be CAN done!!.,

Fibro wise, I'm not doing so hot.  My muscles are one constant cramp after another.  I've also got muscle twitches that happen out of the blue.  I'll be typing away and all of sudden, my hand will jump and add extra letters to my screen!  I've had a lot of those lately, so if you see something goofy in my posts, it's a product of my hand twitches.  

My back has been horrible.  I can't take showers now because I can't stand up that long to take the shower!  So I've resorted to giving myself a "bird bath" like my mom would call it when she would be in the hospital after her hip replacements.  She would wash her hair (with my help, of course) in the sink in her room.  With mine, I'm going to wash it in the  bathroom sink.  We can't get a shower chair because our shower is too narrow.  Grrrrrrr......!
I swear, if it isn't one thing, it's another thing!

I hope you all have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.
God bless!
Until next post,



4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for all your pain. I have another friend who suffers from this too, and it does seem to come in waves for her. She also has a blog.

    I'm following you back from FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that you are in pain, my best friend has had lupis since she was 15 and she has her days but she does keep on going, and I admire her for that!!
    I am a new follower and I would love a follow back!!
    http://www.mommykatie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday to you and your family! Hope you are enjoying the beautiful autumn weather!

    Following you now from Spotlight Saturday. Please follow me back!

    http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute blog!

    I just found your blog through one of the Saturday blog hops! Have a great weekend.

    Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts about my blog post today. Would you kindly leave a comment for me?
Thank you so much!

Daily Blessings

Blog Directory

Blogarama - Blog Directory

Make Fibro Visible!

Make Fibro Visible!
It's been invisible for FAR too long!!!

Member

  • Perspective
  • Confidentiality
  • Disclosure
  • Reliability
  • Courtesy

medbloggercode.com

My Worldwide Visitors

free counters

Come back soon, OK?

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder