Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Whew....BIG Scare!

Howdy, folks...

Whew, I just had a BIG scare.  And all from an innocent phone call!  You know how I'm looking so forward to seeing the bariatric surgeon tomorrow?  And how I verified with my doctor at my appointment last week that she sent all the paperwork over to their office?  Well,  I just received a phone call an hour ago from the bariatric clinic telling me they do NOT have a referral for me and cannot see me until I get one!  I was flabbergasted.  I thought everything was fine!  The gal that called me said they faxed over a request last week and again today and even tried to get them on the phone to no avail.  So the ball is in my corner, so to speak.  Why they waited until 1pm in the afternoon the day before the appointment to tell me, I have no clue.  All I knew was my doctor's phone system was a nightmare, at best, and our only way to go to get what we need is to jump in the car and drive over there and wait until the paperwork is done!  That is exactly what my husband and I did.

When we got there, and I asked if my doctor was in today, of course, she WASN'T!  Another scare....I swear, if I don't have a nervous breakdown soon it will be a miracle.  I can't wait until all this crap is over with and I'm on my way to weight loss success!!  I explained the problem to the medical assistant and they were able to save the day by pulling up my records and seeing where there WAS a referral done and they could just print it out so I can hand carry it in tomorrow.  So yay to medical assistants!!  :0)

We got home just now and I called up the bariatric clinic and told her I got the referral.  She asked me if my insurance was written on it (like right up top) and I couldn't see it....my third scare AGAIN!  Then she said, "bring the form in tomorrow and we'll sort it out then."  So the appointment is still on.  Whew....thank goodness!!

The weather here still hasn't realized it's fall yet.  We are in the high 90's, but next week we'll cool down to the 80's with the chance of rain.  My hubby and I are really happy that on Saturday, the old, dead tree by the driveway where we park our car is going to be finally cut down.  The birds get in that tree and have a poop party all over our car EVERYDAY!  We automatically are armed with Windex and paper towel when we go out.  The tree is also shedding all it's pine and pine cones on our car, too.  Poor tree.  I love trees, but this one has finished its life cycle and needs a proper burial.

DON'T FORGET TO ENTER MY FIRST EVER GIVE-AWAY!!!!!

I'm not happy with the results so far. I've only had two people enter!  Am I doing something wrong?  Nobody like Disney films? I swear, they are in excellent condition, never been watched!  And I'm giving them away....you don't pay a cent!  I would have thought I'd have entries here and there by now.  If I don't get anymore soon, I'll just scrap the idea as another one of my plans that bombed.  And I don't want to do that.  So please enter my give-away!  Don't worry about revealing your email address to me...I won't sell it or give it away to spammers.  I promise.

OK-dokey!  I hope you all are having a wonderful start of fall.  I just love the fall colors and Halloween decorations!  Pretty soon I'll decorate my blog for Halloween.  I love the crispness and smell of leaves in the air (or I used to when I lived in Michigan!).

I have one final request and this is for prayer for my dear blog buddy, Heather.  She wrote me and told me her mom is in the late stages of Alzheimer's and is dying.  Please pray that she be strengthened by the love of Jesus Christ in this, her difficult time and that her mom meet the Heavenly father as painlessly as possible.  Thanks!  :0)

God bless!
Until next post,

2 comments:

  1. I am your newest Fibro Friend. I am so glad I ran across your blog and wonder how I found you! I was diagnosed about 10 years ago and just keep plugging along. I have learned to lead a great life with it and even plan to run a marathon.

    www.coloradobeckers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog-think its fantastic

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts about my blog post today. Would you kindly leave a comment for me?
Thank you so much!

Daily Blessings

Blog Directory

Blogarama - Blog Directory

Make Fibro Visible!

Make Fibro Visible!
It's been invisible for FAR too long!!!

Member

  • Perspective
  • Confidentiality
  • Disclosure
  • Reliability
  • Courtesy

medbloggercode.com

My Worldwide Visitors

free counters

Come back soon, OK?

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder