Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Blog That Almost WASN'T

Greetings, friends!

Whew! I can finally wipe the sweat from my brow and breathe normally again.  My heart can start beating again.  Everything is OK in the world.....well, in my world right now.  LOL!  What happened, you ask?  I almost screwed up my blog!!  Not some little typo screw up, but a major I had two backgrounds that clashed, all my gadgets were a mess and the font type and size were horrible!!

I just was poking around the 'net, looking for cute blog backgrounds.  I don't know if you noticed, but I've been sporting the backgrounds for awhile now.  I had found this really cute Halloween one, but then I debated with myself if it was too early to use it.  I finally figured, nah, I'll use it. It's October.  So I applied the the background and head graphic and it looked great.  I should have stopped there....but no, I keep looking and picking at things until I have it in such a mess I need professional help to get out of it.
The background was a brilliant purple and had a ghost and trick-or-treaters on it.  Really cute!

Then, I found this other website that had the most ADORABLE scarecrow motif for fall.  It was something called a "template."  Well, I still am relatively new to blogging and I am NOT any kind of designer, so I didn't really know what a template was.  I thought it was the same as the background.  Well, come to find out, it's a whole kit and comes with a background and buttons and the header graphic.  I followed the instructions to a tee and I got a message that the template doesn't include -and it listed a whole bunch of HTML documents.  I pressed "keep gadgets" like I was supposed to.  Then, I pressed "preview" and what I saw next, I will never forget!!

Not only did the template apply itself, but the OLD background (the purple Halloween one I described above) stuck around too!  And right front and center of the screen!!  It clashed horribly with the scarecrow template.  Well, at this time, I'm considering my options: re-do the blog, get rid of the blog (which broke my heart!) or move to some foreign land that offered NO internet access so I wouldn't be able to see how horribly I'd screwed my blog up.  I was getting ready to pack when I just calmed myself down, took slow, deep breaths and kept telling myself, THINK.  You CAN fix this.  You know a lot about computers.  So, I went back to the blog, into the design section and into templates and started to re-arrange my stuff, I found the HTML box that held the old purple background and I deleted it-yay! I was down to ONE background, the really cute scarecrow one.  I re-adjusted the font size and type, got rid of the "linky" I told everyone about yesterday (I still had NOT one link from anyone, so I said goodbye to it!) and in the end, I have one really cute blog.  If I don't say so myself!!!  I certainly poured blood, sweat and tears into it, I tell ya!  So I'll do the Halloween one the week of Halloween because while the templates are cute, you have to readjust all your stuff because it gets out of place and it's a pain to re-do it.  So the scarecrow stays!!  I don't care if a really adorable, can't-live-without-it-template walks through the door and begs to be installed.  The scarecrow rules!!! (I think....LOL).

And here when I woke up this morning, I thought I'd have nothing to blog about!!  Silly me!!  I notice that my legs are losing ground every day. I can't WAIT to have my bariatric assessment on Thursday and get the show on the road.  I'm having problems with walking from the bedroom to the bathroom and it's a really short hallway.  I can't use my walker inside the house, it's too big, as the hallway is narrow to our room and the bathroom.  So I prop myself against the wall and get to the bathroom that way by holding on to both sides of the wall.  Every step I take is agonizing.  I'm on 200mg of Morphine and if I didn't have that, I think I'd have to be euthanized!  The pain would be to intense to live with.  And it's all in the right leg.  So I know that lumbar disk is pressing in even harder, because I have the "pins and needles" sensation nearly all the time now.  I hope the surgery and subsequent weight loss will take some or hopefully all of the pressure away.  I really don't want back surgery, so if this works, I will be one happy gal!! :0)

I'm still trying to get used to the extra neurontin. I think today I start taking it three times a day at 900mg at a time.  It feels good to have that fire feeling gone, but boy am I sleepy!  I think if I took a million naps a day, it wouldn't be enough!

Alrighty, I'm going to go and relax now by reading OTHER people's blogs.  I hope you all enjoy my new blog's look.  Please comment on it so I know if you like it or if you don't, tell me how to improve it.  I love any and all comments. 

Have a good Saturday, everyone!!!
God bless,
Until next post,
Missy

3 comments:

  1. simply love this background! it is beautiful and adorable all at the same time!!!!! I hope the morphine helps. We are having a good day here today. mom and I have been in the dining room all day and she hasn't fallen asleep once. She has even said "I'm hungry!" shocking, I know, so I of course got the boost pudding out and fed her some. She has had about 3/4 of one so far today. I am hoping for the rest later tonight. I hope you feel better soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Missy!

    Thanks for stopping by the Over 40 Bloggers I added your blog to the list!!

    Thanks for joining the party!

    Hope you get lots of followers from it! Including me!!

    Love your background and I'm so glad you were able to fix your blog! I know that is scary when that happens!

    I was just diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 2 months ago.

    Be sure to come by on Sunday for the Meet Me On Monday Blog Hop!

    Have a great day!!
    Java

    ReplyDelete
  3. just happened to stumble across your blog ..I am another person living and dealing with life with an invisible chronic illness, mine being lupus.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts about my blog post today. Would you kindly leave a comment for me?
Thank you so much!

Daily Blessings

Blog Directory

Blogarama - Blog Directory

Make Fibro Visible!

Make Fibro Visible!
It's been invisible for FAR too long!!!

Member

  • Perspective
  • Confidentiality
  • Disclosure
  • Reliability
  • Courtesy

medbloggercode.com

My Worldwide Visitors

free counters

Come back soon, OK?

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder